Tour Mekong: Staying Overnight at the Local Homestay in Mekong
- Experience sleeping at home of local people
- Visit traditional craft villages in Mekong
- Take part in cooking class with the house owner and cook for dinner
- Ride a bike to explore out the village road of the West part of Vietnam
- Period: 2 days and 1 night
- Private tour, departure on request
- Vehicles: Tourist bus from Ho Chi Minh city (free airport pick up)
Vinh Long lying between Tien River and Hau River is one of the famous gardens with abundant fruits in the Mekong Delta. In recent years, Vinh Long tourism industry has developed strongly, becoming one of the appealing destinations of the Mekong region.
Vinh Long is not well-known because of luxury high-class hotels, but Southern-style-featured homestays. The first stop of Tour Mekong lasting 2 days and 1 night is Cai Be with more two hours from Ho Chi Minh City by bus. When arrival at Cai Be wharf, tourists should not miss Cai Be floating market because it seems to be one of the characteristics of Mekong with drifting boats on the river, bright and hospitable smiles of the local. After that, we move forward to the next destination - local handicraft villages. Here you can either smell the sweet coconut candies, or feel the ingenuity in each piece of thin “banh trang” (rice paper wrappers), or even try your skills to make candies or cakes under the instruction of master local people as well.
Trust me, it must be unforgettable tastes of “Ca tai tuong chien xu” (Crispy fried giant gourami) and “Canh chua” (Vietnamese sweet and sour fish soup) in the lunch at local home. It may be found in any restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City, but the exact Southern taste is just only in the Mekong. After lunch, the tourist guider will take you to walk around the village to explore daily life at the area and visit the gardens of some people. You will be invited to enjoy fresh fruits, drink a cup of tea and listen to “cai luong” melody of the Southern people, which is a form of traditional music of Vietnam honored by UNESCO as an intangible world culture heritage, at the garden.
After that, you will check in at the homestay of local people, and then you can go around the house and the garden or cycle around the village if you want, there must be a lot of interesting things. In evening, you are able to cook with the landlord and enjoy a cozy dinner with old stories that never get bored to listen to. It is super peaceful and quiet in the village at night; just far away somewhere there is the sound of crickets or the sound of wind blowing on the trees.
In early morning, you can hear the sound of cocks in the garden. After breakfast, it is time to free visit, have a walk and enjoy the fresh air in the garden. Moreover, you can freely cycle around the village, ride the bike along the trail, pass through many fruit gardens, go towards local market and come back to the homestay.
Experiences of Mekong tour and staying overnight at local home on weekend must be new feelings and beautiful memories in peaceful and simple countryside in order to start a new week full of power.
SCHEDULE: HO CHI MINH CITY – CAI BE – VINH LONG – HO CHI MINH
DAY 1: HO CHI MINH CITY – CAI BE – VINH LONG
- 07:30 – Tourists gather at the informed point
- 08:00 – Departure for Cai Be
- 10:30 – Arrival at Cai Be. Visit Cai Be floating market and local traditional trade village
- 12:00 – Having lunch
- 14:00 – Coming to local home, checking in the homestay, and freely visiting the garden
- 18:00 – Having dinner
- Staying overnight at local home
DAY 2: VINH LONG – HO CHI MINH
- 07:30 – Having breakfast
- 10:00 – Cycling to explore the village road, come across the rich garden to go to the countryside market, or freely visiting the fruits in the garden
- 12:30 – Having lunch at local home, enjoying some traditional music
- 15:30 – Traveling by boat back to Vinh Long market to buy some authentic western fruits as souvenirs
- 16:00 – The bus picks tourists up from Vinh Long market to Ho Chi Minh city
- 19:00 – Returning back to the starting point
Goodbye and see you again!